Applicants should meet the following requirements for admission into the Graduate School and the MS in Medical Sciences program:
- A baccalaureate degree from a fully accredited institution of higher learning.
- A minimum undergraduate grade point average of 2.9 and graduate GPA of 3.0.
- An average GRE score on the verbal, quantitative and analytical sections greater than the 40th percentile. Use Institution Code 1837 for submitting GRE scores to the Graduate School from the reporting agency.
The MSMS program also accepts MCAT or DAT scores in lieu of the GRE to serve as the entrance exam. In such cases, it is recommended that applicants have a minimum score of 497 on the MCAT, or an academic and science minimal average of 16 on the DAT.
- In one paragraph, describe your educational and career goals for attending graduate school
- In one paragraph, describe why you have chosen to apply to this program;
- If you have already obtained your degree, describe in one paragraph your activities since graduation;
- Do you believe your academic record is an accurate reflection of your potential? If not, please comment.
All applications must follow the requirements of the University of Kentucky Graduate School. The online application form for the Graduate School may be accessed here. Three (3) letters of recommendation will be requested when you apply to the Graduate School. You will be asked to provide the names and contact information of three faculty members who are familiar with your undergraduate and graduate coursework, research, etc. Please note that applying to the Graduate School is required for official admission to the University of Kentucky.
For international applicants, a minimum score of 550 on the paper-based TOEFL (maximum 667) and a minimum score of 213 on the computer-based TOEFL (maximum 300) or a minimum score of 80 on the internet-based TOEFL (maximum 120); all applicants must demonstrate proficiency in verbal and written English.